Thursday, March 24, 2005

Working Girl

Just when I was thinking I may actually have to be a real live 'working girl'...

Job offer!!!!

It's with the website people. I think they had problems finding someone who could both research and write web copy. They liked my researching, so they re-thought how they wanted to handle things. 30 day probationary period, but that's pretty standard now (at least my old job had started doing it).

And the best part? Working from home 4 days a week! The hour+ commute doesn't sound nearly so bad when it's only 1 day a week.

And I'll be dangerously close to Jessica's. The yarn diet may end in a binge of epic proportions. Though I am enjoying the creativity I've been forced to employ with the yarn restriction. And the stash is still huge.

I start next Friday.

And, hey, library school may actually help me with this job. The universe may be trying to tell me something.

And second 'hey'. I finished the Clapotis last night and blocked it some. I'll post pictures when I'm less dumsquizzeled.

Job!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam, I am so happy for you!! Congratulations!

Heather

Mel said...

Hey! That's great! See, aren't you glad that you went on that interview? Congratulations! When and where are we going to celebrate?

Anonymous said...

Congrats Pam - that's really great news. And post the finished Clapotis if you have a chance, I'd love to see it.

Jewels said...

awww, good for you!!!!!!! Luv reading such good news

Anonymous said...

Whoot, whoot!! Great news, Pam. Ceh-la-bray-shun time! C'mon!

Creative Genius? said...

Oh Pam - I am so very happy for you! It sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you - hopefully things are looking up and the tide is turning!! Good luck, mazel tov - and kick some ass!

illanna said...

Hooray! Congratulations on your new job! Glad to hear you don't have to be a real live working girl :) Does "working from home" mean you get to make your own schedule? And does making your own schedule mean scheduling around crochet-ing? If so, you got it made! Congratulations again!