Thursday, January 17, 2008

One thing that followed

My perpetual wrong number, Mabel, has followed me from Phoenix. She's still trying to reach Sherri, still incapable of listening to my voicemail introduction and still refusing to tell me what number she is trying to reach.

In previous calls Mabel (who sounds about 107 years old and is hard of hearing) has been arranging airport rides, informing Sherri of her well being and, most importantly, clipping articles about a woman who was bitten by a bat AND LIVED. Sherri was supposed to drop by and pick that one up. Hopefully there wasn't a bat victim out there thinkin' they were about to kick off because Sherri never got the message. I did.

Tonight Mabel called because she is concerned about human cloning. As we all should be, obviously. I think Mabel has the right idea: "Well (long pause), we'll just have to see what happens."

1 comment:

Mel said...

LOL. The adventures of Sherri & Mabel! Will they ever put 2 & 2 together to realize that Mabel does not have the correct phone number? Inquiring minds want to know...