Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Google-Fu is THAT Good

Today was one of those days I know I made the correct career choice. Bizarre research questions and finding the exact (free, full text) journals I needed. Tracking down a recent newsweekly for an ADVERTISEMENT (i.e. something that wasn't indexed anywhere because it wasn't, you know, science.) Instantaneous article retrieval. Almost proving a negative. And so on.

OK, maybe having a Grand Rounds with lots of slides of purulent eye discharge wasn't a great aesthetic choice for a lunch conference but that was the presenters choice, not mine. It was still educational even if half the audience wouldn't look at the screen. Or that may have just been me. Eye juice, ick.

In dog news, Lucy has found her new favorite place in the backyard.

Lucy wedging


It's nice and cozy wedged between the ac unit and the gas meter.

Lucy perusing


And there's lots to eat.

Lucy grazing

3 comments:

Deneen said...

Not an eye juice fan myself,but having an 8 1/2 year old, I've seen and heard much worse during a meal (having a husband adds to all the fun too).

Lucy looks settled in.

How have YOU been now that you're on the east coast?

Sarah said...

Glad to see you are posting again!!!

Mel said...

One stop shopping... What more could a dog ask for?