Monday, December 06, 2004

It's called tempting fate, dumbass

Remember all my whining about how bad last week was and how this week just had to be better? When will I learn?

1. Driving thru the parking lot to work at 8am, around a traffic circle (I'm not why it's there either) and jerk, whack, shimmy. Blowout. On the plus side, I was only doing about 10 mph and parked it right outside the office. And it was my first real flat, so it was a pretty mellow situation, compared to what it could have been. But it was mighty annoying. And lunch was spent getting a new tire instead of a leisurely meal and decompensation from work.

2. At 4 o'clock I was asked to be a subject for rush testing on devices that were going out of state tomorrow (and then out of the country). I got home about 30 minutes ago (i.e. 9pm). On the plus side, they bought us dinner. But it was high carb and I had to slug a cranberry juice as well because they wanted my sugars to move (I'm insulin-resistant so sometimes I can go up to 180 or down to 40, normal is 70-120). And now I'm overly full and kinda bloaty.

So today sucked. But on the plus side, I was able to handle these situations without tears or shouting or teeth grinding (mostly). And the asshole didn't show up, so maybe he's gone for good. Here's hoping.

Amount of crochet work done today - zero, nada , zilch.
Amount of crochet work I could have done, had I had any supplies with me - beyond calculation.

I am making no predictions or assumptions about the remainder of the week.

1 comment:

illanna said...

Hi Pam!

I don't know your e-mail address, so i'll just answer your comment here. I made it myself using Word Art on Microsoft Word. I got the font for free at www.dafont.com and then I got the picture of the stitches inside the words from the picture of my lobster pot hat. The part that took the longest time was to get the sizing right on the banner and the button. See you TOMORROW!!!!