Friday, January 28, 2005

Mitten update etc.

The USPS was quite speedy for once. I mailed the mittens on Tuesday and they arrived yesterday. All the way across the country. Good deal.

And they fit and they're warm and Pat wore them home and they didn't spontaneously combust, so that's all good too.

I'm working on my mom's socks. I'm about 1/2 done on each. If I'd learn to count stitches instead of eyeballing things, I'd be further alone what with the repeated frogging. If these turn out, I'll have to make a pair for myself. Once my hand stops cramping up that is.

Well, I've been officially unemployed for 1 week now. I still haven't decided what I want to do when I grow up. Any suggestions will be welcome. A few resumes have gone out and I registered at Job Services today, so maybe a miracle will happen. I have left the house for at least a short period every day, so that's a plus (I tend to cave up when life throws me lemons). But I haven't gotten to the point where I can talk about it without tearing up a little. Stupid tear ducts. And I've noticed that I have very little patience, I almost broke down at Job Services today because I couldn't figure out the computer program instantly and I've snapped at Lucy more this week then the last 6 months. But she's still sticking close, so I guess she forgives me.

Crocheting seems to help, so I think I'll go do some more of it.

No comments: