Monday, February 07, 2005

Beautiful Music

Shannon got me.

1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
Actually, none. I went to college before Napster arrived and then I had a slow computer and dial-up connection that would have self-destruct if I tried to download anything like that, and I don't have an ipod and therefore, none.

2. What was the last CD you bought?
I believe it was Green Day 'American Idiot'
The next one will be the Dresden Dolls

3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?
Social Distortion, "When the Angels Sings"

4. List 5 songs that you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
That is just not going to happen. I can't ever chose my favorites of anything, books, movies, music, nothin'. Here's a partial list of songs I like.

For the sound alone:
Bangles - Hazy Shade of Winter
Jimmy Eat World - Praise Chorus
Gary Jules - Mad World (from Donnie Darko)
Everclear - Santa Monica
Cracker - Movie Star
Matthew Sweet - Superdeformed
Pixies - Monkey's Gone to Heaven
The Go-Go's - This Town

For when I'm feeling Girl Power-y:
Ani DiFranco - 32 Flavors
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - Spinster
Patsy Cline - Walkin' After Midnight
Tori Amos - Tear in Your Hand
Sleater Kinney - The Last Song
Ani-DiFranco - Gravel
Leslie Gore - You Don't Own Me
India.arie - Video

Punk Rock:
Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
The Queers - Fuck the World
Screeching Weasel - Cindy's on Methadone
Screeching Weasel - Kathy's On the Roof
All - Let's Bail
Lemonheads - Fucked Up

Ska:
Dancehall Crashers - Don't Wanna Behave
The Specials - Too Much Too Young
The Specials - Little Bitch
Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Do Somethin' Crazy
Madness - House of Fun

Reminders of the one who got away:
Green Day - 2000 Light Years Away
Ani DiFranco - Untouchable Face
Lemonheads - Bit Part

For the lyrics:
Ani DiFranco - Hello Birmingham
Ani DiFranco - Fire Door
Sleater Kinney - Was it a Lie?
Ben Lee - Ductile

Can't help dancing to:
Blur - Song 2
Dramarama - Anything, Anything (I'll give you)
Sugarcult - Bouncing Off the Walls
Cheap Trick - I Want You to Want Me
Pixies - Planet of Sound

To play at my wedding (because it will be mine and I can play what I want):
Tara Maclay (Amber Benson) - Under Your Spell (Buffy the Musical)
The Smoking Popes - Mrs You and Me
Alanis Morissette - Head Over Feet
Lemonheads - Ever

Reminders of College:
They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse in Your Soul
They Might Be Giants - Don't Lets Start
Ned's Atomic Dustbin - Throwing Things
Jesus Jones - Right Here Right Now
EMF - Unbelivable
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle


5. Which two get tagged next and why?
Melanie, because she has good taste and she said she'd do it.
Jen, because she loves Buffy and therefore should have good taste as well.

No comments: