Friday, February 04, 2005

Screw the yarn diet

I got an email from Jonelle at South West Trading yesterday about being a test crocheter. Of course I jumped on it. I went over today to pick up a pattern and yarn and who should I run into but Brooke and Jack (she's making a baby sweater, don't tell her I told you first).

Ended up with 2 patterns, even better.
1. The Zippy Purplexed Top - a tank top / vest with a zipper. The yarn is Bamboo, Electric Blue, and I got one of their cool rhinestone zippers as well.

2. Sybaris - a funky wavy scarf made from Optimum in black and Diva in Alluring (a silver/grey and black).

This should be fun.

And more importantly, this means I will be receiving my own yarn after the completion of the projects...yarn, beautiful yarn, how I've missed you.

PS How come every time I go there I have a fever? This better not be some kind of trend...

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

You know I don't think you've broken your yarn diet - yes you are (or will be) acquiring new yarns but you will not have to pay for them (at least not with $$). Plus you are helping SWTC - it's for a good cause. Anyway, them's my (warped??) thoughts on that subject (not that you really wanted to know.....) Have fun test crocheting and let us know how you like it!

illanna said...

I got some test patterns too!! I got there later and Jonelle said that there were 2 people there already for test patterns... I should have known it was you and brooke! Watch out for Diva... it's dying my hands (and needles) a little blue. You are so lucky to have gotten the optimum though- alison loves that stuff. It's so soft!

Shannon said...

Hi Pam, Sorry to do this to you but you are almost the only one left of our group. Gotta TAG you! Go see today's entry on my blog......