Monday, March 28, 2005

I am the Angel of Birdie Death

You know that theory which says "Birds are aware of what's happening around them and will not run into moving cars"? It's not true.

Yes folks, not only do birds flock to my backyard to die, they also throw themselves into the side of my moving vehicle. In pairs. OK, they were flying erratically, doing that springtime territorial diving, swooping, dance thing they do. But seriously, I drive a Jetta, it's not that small a car. A Mini Cooper, maybe it just didn't register as an immovable object, but a Jetta? Gives a whole new meaning to the word bird-brain.

Next week, I am fully expecting my roof to blow off and crush a flock of unsuspecting grackels.

And the week after that? A revival of The Birds, starring yours truly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't believe in omens or signs, because a bunch of dead birds can't be good in either category.

Doesn't Stephen King always use birds as an omen? I know he did in the Dark Half (a book that still creeps me out to this day), but I think they were a specific kind of bird.