Saturday, January 07, 2006

First, thanks for the concern about my wrist. It's feeling much better now, so I'm going to give it a few more days off and then jump right back too it.

What have I been doing with my down time, you may ask? Well, I managed to turn this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

into this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That right there, is the stash to end all stashes, baby. Imagine what it would look like if I hadn't been almost 100% committed to the yarn diet this year. Actually, don't. It will probably just make you dizzy and maybe a little nauseous.

It's kinda, sorta organized by yarn type now. One bin of so-so acrylic, one of better acrylics, one of cotton and assorted large lots for single projects, one of recycled silk and assorted lots, an under-the-couch bin of just novelty, fluffy stuff, and one with the big projects that didn't fit in the other 2. The Underground bag is all wool. The suitcase has the makings for one complete sweater. The apple basket contains an afghan and some pretty yarns for display and the knitting stand has the current WIPs. The book shelf contains books, magazines, loose patterns, notions, fabric, knitting needles, crochet hooks and other assorted crap. Tucked behind the bookcase is a large selection of knitting bags. The sock monkey will eventually have clothes even though he may not want them, having been naked for well over a year now.

Now do you understand why I'm not going to the Fiber Factory Sale today?

In other news - I am now employed. I'll be organizing and maintaining the files for an environmental engineering company. I believe my official title is "glorified file clerk who will endure many paper cuts." Part time but with health insurance so no more COBRA bills, thank god. And I may be taking the bus to work, you know, just to avoid the 20 minute drive to downtown that takes 75 during rush hour. I'm looking at it as 2 hours to study and/or crochet in peace, i.e. without having to get up every 10 minutes to let the dog out.

This is going to be an adjustment, both for me and for Lucy. But I'm sure we will both survive and, even more importantly, be able to continue eating without having to put the stash on ebay.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Ok, your stash officialy just beat mine. Holy crap.

Bethany said...

Totally makes my fingers itch.

noricum said...

Great job! It looks so much better... I imagine it *feels* so much nicer to be around now too. :) Now if only it'll stay that way... ;)

Sarah said...

Good news on the job!

Your stash is WAY bigger than mine.

Good thing you've been on a yarn diet this year. Imagine how big it would be!

Creative Genius? said...

I am so happy to hear about the job!!! And the commute sounds like a good plan - lots of time to study/sleep! :-)

And nice stash containment!! It looks terrific... now onto the next yarn sale!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the job! I hope it turns out to be reasonably fun (you know, as this work stuff goes).

Luscious Gracious said...

Yeah! I'm caught up on your blog (although I did not read the book review section, as I need to finish organizing MY crap before Friday, and thinking about books and then getting books out and then reading books and ignoring family/household duties/knitting is not a good idea at this time....I will save it like a big chocolate cupcake in the freezer; a reward for being good in the housekeeping department). I am so happy for you on so many levels, including the finished sweater that is even prettier in person (if that is possible), and the job (if you have to have one, may as well make it one with a couple of hours of built-in study/stitch time). Let us know alllll about the bus. You and the girls can compare notes on Friday!
love,
kiki