Sunday, October 01, 2006

Linky Linky

Knitting/Crocheting
Dad's present - done
Pat's present - 50%

This means I've been working but I can't show you any of it.

Books
67. bitchfest; 10 years of cultural criticism from the pages of Bitch magazine - Edited by Lisa Jervis and Andi Zeisler. I love Bitch and I loved this book.

And I read The Accidental Library Manager by Rachel Singer Gordon for school. Ok, maybe not read but I gave it a really good skimming.

Links
I've been bookmarking interesting things for a month now and it's time to share. It's an interesting mix of fiber, feminism and funny.

Bizarre American Holidays - For instance, did you know that October 25 is Punk for a Day Day and my birthday is Sylvia Plath day? And yes, that does concern me a little and I'm glad I didn't know it when I was going thru my high school Plath stage (it's also her birthday, which I didn't put in the last post.)

LibraryThing - even you can be a cataloging nerd like me!

Banned Books Week just ended, did you read one? May I recommend Our Bodies Ourselves by the Boston Woman's Health Collective or possibly Pamela by Samuel Richardson?

A post about breastfeeding by Twisty of I Blame the Patriarchy. Boobs have a job to do and it's not making men horny. Grow up and let them work in peace (and public). The internet is awash in breastfeeding controversies but I like Twisty's take.

Natural yarn dying. Cooler than Kool-aid.

40 things you'd love to say out loud at work from Noricum's blog.
9. It sounds like English, but I can't understand a damn word you're saying.
37. How do I set a laser printer to stun?

I'm not a feminist but... Yes, you are. Just sack up already and read this from Feministe.

Yarn as savior from LadyLinoleum.

Muppet Wiki! Go Grover, it's your birthday.

I think every librarian want to work in a library like one of these. Actually that probably applies to more than just librarian, these libraries are incredible.

Ann Richards PSA about talking during the movie. A fitting tribute to a kick-ass woman. She will be missed.

Ever feel confused by the overly intellectual Marmaduke comic strip? Not to fear, all nuances are explained here.

Top 176 Star Wars Lines Improved By Replacing A Word With "Pants"
"These aren't the pants you're looking for."

If you don't think it's an issue that doctors and pharmacists can use their "beliefs" to refuse Emergency Contraceptive to someone, read this and imagine it was you.

1 comment:

LinknKnits said...

Thanks for the Star Wars link. I laughed so hard, I cried. :-)