Thursday, January 24, 2008

Decimal points are important

Oh goody, my paycheck has been deposited.

Why is it half the amount it should be?

What's the large amount of money deducted for DivInv%?

Is that my 403B retirement account? I thought I decided to put 5% per check in that.

That's not 5%. That's more like...oh crap.

"Hi, I think someone needs to check their math. There's a really big difference between 0.05 and 0.5."


Note: It's all fixed now. Payroll may screw-up but they do fix things quickly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeez! Glad they fixed it!

sara said...

I would have had a heart attack, cried and been a puddle of panic.

Mel said...

That's one way to hit your maximum yearly contribution :-) But glad they could fix it so quickly. Thanks for the PSA on decimals :-)

noricum said...

OMG, I would have flipped!!! I'm glad they got it fixed fast!