Friday, November 12, 2004

Poncho Drunk Luv

Ask me what I did last night. Go ahead, you know ya wanna. So I'll tell ya.

Instead of sitting quietly on the couch, working away on the bobble hat and maybe starting my sister's christmas blanket, I got involved in what is possibly the most annoying project ever conceived.

The poncho - it's pink, it's holey, it has fringe...you know the kind of thing I'm talking about. I've worn it twice and it worked to a T. But then I noticed the fringe was getting...fuzzy, for lack of a better word. The ends were fraying and getting puffy and soon it was going to look like a poncho with an edging of ratty cotton candy. So I decided to fix it. Should be easy, right? A little trimming, a little glue on the ends, voila. HA!

First I tried it on my lap but I kept losing which fringe bunch I was working on. The I tried the TV tray, but after I glued the poncho to the TV tray I gave that up. So I ended up hanging the poncho from a coat hanger hooked to the low-hanging chandelier in my living room (there is supposed to be a dining table under it, I guess, but it seems to be a little in the middle of the room for that). And I trimmed. And I glued. And I sectioned, so it wouldn't stick to itself. And repeat and repeat and repeat ad infinitum. After the Apprentice and Without a Trace, I has still only 'fixed' a quarter of it, my back and shoulders were killing me, my hands were all gluey and I knew deep in my heart that it wasn't going to be done in time to wear the next day.

So I went to bed. And scared the bejebes out of myself this morning when I saw the gently swaying poncho hanging there and thought it was a pink, holey, fringe-y ax murderer come to do me in.

But now that I've written this, maybe I'll remember it's there and it won't scare me when I come home from work. Yeah. Right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam!
This is Beth (aka BeppyCat) from Chandler.
I don't think our email addresses are getting along very well. Have you gotten any mails from me? I just wanted to let you know I didn't ignore your shopping invitation. Anyway, email me and let me know if mine aren't getting through to you?
Oh, and I think it's hilarious that you've got a pink holey, fringy, ax murderer. I have a very skinny ax murdered with a bulbous head. Otherwise known as the post on the footboard. Every single night that thing scares me!