Sunday, November 28, 2004

This is why I shouldn't leave the house

First I went to the bookstore, all I was supposed to get was Dark Tower VII. But then I started browsing and ended up with:
Wicked by Gregory Maguire - We are reading Lost for my book club and it made me want to re-read this and since I apparently didn't own it the last time I read it...
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Bradshares - recommended by one of my subjects who knew I liked ... something, I can't remember what. But it made we want to read this book.
Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde - I have the first one, The Eyre Affair, which I haven't read yet, so I hope I end up liking this guy.
Every Secret Thing by Laura Lippman - she's out of Baltimore and writes the Tess Monaghan books which are great. This isn't Tess, but it should still be good.
And the Dark Tower VII.

Then I went to work where 2 operators and I accomplished 1/3 of what we were supposed to because 2 of the 3 instruments didn't work. But I did get brownie points with the VP 'cause 1) I was there on Sunday and 2) I was reading the Dark Tower. He's on book 6.

And then I went to Joann's and bought more stuff.
Ribbon yarn with a black and grey colorway for the scarf for the girl group pollyanna (I got Kim, she likes black. I hope).
Item(s) that shall rename nameless for the SnB pollyanna (don't worry yarn snobs, it's not a large quantity of Red Heart).
Monkey accoutrements (if I do it right, this thing is gonna ROCK).
And random yarn for me to finish little projects I started, mostly for me.

Tonight: Dark Tower and possible dog watching (not mine, Mel's). Is it wrong the "Watching the chihuahua" has been running thru my head all day, set to the tune of Elvis Costello's "Watching the Detectives"?

No comments: