Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Not again

In my most secret of hearts I have lately been wishing I could afford to take a few days off of work and get things done, crochet and otherwise. I guess I should have been more specific.

Despite the fact I was almost dozing off every time I sat down yesterday (not during dinner with Alison tho, she's much to interesting for that) when I tried to go to sleep...no joy. I know I had to sleep some, but it wasn't very deep and it wasn't very long. Woke up this morning with a head full of cement, my voice gone again, and had to call out of work. For the second time in 2 weeks. Which doesn't sound that bad until I tell you I missed work the entire month of August and am on slightly shaky ground when it comes to absenteeism. At least I really sound sick this time, like a lung may fall out of my body at any given moment.

So I got my wish and stayed home all day. And accomplished nothing. I couldn't even nap well, and I am an excellent napper. I haven't even made it to the couch yet today, bed, computer, bed, computer, refrigerator, computer. I've read some, but not the book I need to have done for Sunday. Being sick sucks.

I even too wiped out to go to the cookie exchange tonight. And I'm sure the other participants are happy I won't be there spreading germs on the baked goods. Had I know I was carrying the plague, I would never have gone to the Winter Party. I just hope I didn't give it to anyone else. If I did, please forgive me. You may come to my house and mock my mismatched pajamas, if you'd like.

I leave you with a promise - With god as my witness, I will finish a project tonight! Or at least try not to impale myself on a hook when I finally fall asleep.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hey Pam, We missed you last night. But thanks for not bringing the germs with you. I hope that you get better soon...

Mel said...

We did miss you last night, Pam. And I hope you are feeling better today and that we will see you tonight at Changing Hands.