Sunday, December 19, 2004

Whew

Book club has come and gone and was a success. I get rather stressed when people are in my home, comes from too much living alone I guess. The book (Lost, by Gregory Maguire) received a 1 out of 5, in other works, it sucked - big time. In one way I feel bad about this because it was on my booklist, on the other hand - thank god it wasn't just me that thought it stunk, I was worried that I just wasn't getting it. Apparently, there was no "it" to get. Next month is The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Neffenegger, which I've read before and loved, so I'm glad I'll get a chance to discuss it.

I was stalled on the flame hat and was about 2 rows from changing it to stripes and then Mel looked at it. After about 2 seconds she said "Why don't you try this". Melanie is some kind of design guru, her idea is going to work remarkably well. I may be able to finish that tonight. Next, I think, will be a hat for me to wear back East, so my ears don't shrivel up and fall off like they were exposed to liquid nitrogen. And then one more cousin hat and onto the immediate fam's presents.

Note to self: Print pattern pictures off of internet tomorrow so you will have something to put under the tree for everyone, since there is no way in hell you're going to finish everything in time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam- I just finished the Time Travelers Wife and I can't believe how good it is. I hope your book club has a good discussion about it - I thought it was such an interesting premis and a heartbreaking story. I cried about the last 50 pages.