Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Movie Mania

First off, no one guessed the movie from yesterday, though Brooke knew she knew it and just couldn't think of it. Which doesn't really count. The movie is [drumroll] Drop Dead Fred, the stupidest funniest movie I know. It's on my list of "Things to watch when life sucks because you'll start laughing and forget why life sucks for a bit and when you do finally remember the suckiness it won't seem that important anymore and you can go to sleep with a smile" or "Stupid Funny Movies". Pee-wee's Big Adventure is also on this list. There are others, but I've given you all too much scary information for one day.

Anyway, in Drop Dead Fred, little Elizabeth has an imaginary friend (Fred) who is actually real. Or at least can physically do things around the house, mostly messy, pranky things. Her mother is the mega bitch who forces Elizabeth to make Fred disappear. He reappears when she is a grown up and going thru a divorce. Mayhem ensues.

Once again, anyway...When Elizabeth is little she is playing mud pies with Fred, on the dining room table, with lots and lots of mud, when her mother arrives. Elizabeth greets her with "Look, I made my sweater all stripey" showing off her yellow sweater with the new mud stripes on it, oddly enough matching Fred's sweater. Mother is not pleased. Something about how Elizabeth says this line just cracks me up. Even when I'm just thinking about it in my head. Which can cause some strange looks on public transportation when my mind wanders.

I'm not saying this is great cinematography, but is makes me happy and who needs an excuse to be happier.

Other movie lines that make me qiggle:

"Neo maxi zoom dweebie"

"The mind plays tricks on you. You play tricks back! It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting... "

"So it's sorta social, demented and sad, but social."

"Could you describe the ruckus, sir?"

" My little brother got his arm stuck in the microwave. So my mom had to take him to the hospital. My grandma dropped acid this morning, and she freaked out. She hijacked a busload of penguins. So it's sort of a family crisis. Bye!"

"Xander, don't speak Latin in front of the books."

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend."

"Out. For. A. Walk... Bitch."

"When I'm with a boy I like I can't say anything cool, or witty - or at all. I can usually make a few vowel sounds, and then I have to go away."

"You know the monkey is the only cookie animal that gets clothes... .I wonder if the hippo is like, 'Hey, were are my clothes?' and the monkey is like, 'I mock you with my monkey pants.' "

"Don't taunt the fear demon, it's just tacky"

"What am I? I'm an unemployed librarian with a tendency to get knocked on the head"

"Don't parse the blurb"


And now that I've bored you all to tears, I'm signing off.




No comments: