Saturday, April 30, 2005

The crochet gods must like me

At this point, 26 hours after spilling boiling water over 6 fingers, I am happy to report that I can still hold yarn.

Oddly enough, while my right hand still has some places that are tender when touched, as does my left index finger, none of the affected areas touch the yarn when I'm crocheting.

So, I'm back to work on the citrus socks.

I ordered my books for school today. The one class has one sort of expensive textbook ($60 is nowhere near the top cost I know, used to work in a college bookstore). The other class has 20 books to read and 2 videos to watch. For some reason, this isn't phasing me too much, I like to read and many of the books aren't textbooky, but rather almost popular reading. In fact, two of them have been on my "To Be Read" list. Some of them are online, so I can get started while the others are being shipped.

And I've found people who can probably give me a ride from my parents house to Pitt and back and a roommate for the week, so things are falling into place.

Next items on the To Do list: Plane ticket and a computer microphone. Apparently, some of our assignments are going to involve conference calls and the like. Now that I think about it, the new computer may have come with a microphone that I stashed away, because who the hell would ever need a microphone on a computer?

No comments: