Sunday, May 01, 2005

Ouch

My hands were feeling better. As long as I didn't rub the burned areas on anything, they didn't bother me. I even worked on the sock.

So what do I do? Try to catch a falling pile of books and scrape about 5 layers of skin off my middle finger...right on one of the burned spots. Ow.

So I wash it off and apply some neosporin and put a band-aid on the weeping area and then realize that at some point the band-aid will need to come off and will probably take off some more skin since I put adhesive ON THE BURNED AREA.

I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to join the Alison, No-Doing-Anything-Unsupervised club. Which will be fun because I live alone. Knock, knock, knock. "Hello neighbor who I've never spoken to before. Could you come to my house and watch me make ice? I'm not allowed to touch the freezer by myself."

Do you know that at one point in my life, I considered being a hand model? I now have so many scars, I'd only be able to advertise gloves. I'm going to encase my hands in blocks of Lucite and just be done with it.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

holy frickin ouch!!
Hand model ...like George Costanza? lol
be well