Thursday, November 17, 2005

Backwards Progress

The Anika sweater has stalled. During SnB Tuesday, more then halfway through the first sleeve I realized I had been alternating between using the large and extra-large numbers in random order. So the whole sleeve was frogged and is sitting on the couch reflecting on what it did wrong.

Instead I am working on brainless projects: the ribbed cuffs of the red socks that have been following me around for 2 or 3 months and seaming a huge blanket. If/when I ever finish that blanket I will tell you the sad, true tale of it's conception and long, painful birth. Here's a hint: Homespun. And another hint: 3 inch squares. Are you seeing the potential problems yet?

I have found some time to read:
62. Cryptonomicon - Neal Stephenson. Very good. Very long (1100+ pages) but very good. There are a number different storylines, some during WWII, some present day and they all intersect. It's about codes and gold and technology and it's pretty damn funny. I will be looking up more of Stephenson's books.

No comments: