Saturday, April 08, 2006

Random. Musical. Me.

This first hit my radar at Heather's and then spread to Melanie's. Three makes a trend, so I was obliged to participate.

You take your mp3 player and put it in shuffle mode and use the songs that come up as answers to the questions. Use in the order they appear and no skipping.

Of course, in my technologically underdeveloped state, I was forced to use the jukebox program on my computer. I've recently been given a mp3 player (Thanks Mel!) but haven't had the time to pick it up, let alone load it up.

1. How does the world see you?
Warning - Green Day
"Sanitation, expiration date, question everything.
Or shut up and be a victim of authority"
I think the world may think I'm a bit of a bitch.

2. Will I have a happy life?
Something Else - Gary Jules
"They never tell you truth is subjective / They only tell you not to lie / They never tell you there's strength in vulnerability / They only tell you not to cry "
I'm taking this as a yes. My happy is not the same as most people's. My happy includes a lot of the little things people take for granted. Getting out of bed everyday. Being able to start and finish something. Making friends. There's been too many days those things weren't possible. When they are possible, I'm happy. Right now, I'm happy.

3. What do my friends really think of me?
A Praise Chorus - Jimmy Eat World
Aw, thanks guys. I like y'all too.

4. Do people secretly lust after me?
Johnny - Violent Femmes
"oh and johnny, do you miss me"
Let's see, how many Johns do I know. One, two...

5. How can I make myself happy?
Who Goes First? - Ned's Atomic Dustbin
"she'll study while you fidget and squirm
recite the final lesson of the final summer term"
Got it. Finish school. Be Happy. No problem.

6. What should I do with my life?
Dateless Losers - Reel Big Fish
"Not perfect, not too hip- but we need lovin' too "
Don't worry about being cool. Find some lovin'.

7. Will I ever have children?
Sweet Leilani - Chris Isaak
"I dreamt of paradise for two"
Just me and that mysterious Johnny guy. No rugrats in paradise.

8. What is some good advice for me?
Thoughts of Marianne - Tori Amos
" The weasel squeaks fasters than a seven day week."
'nough said.

9. How will I be remembered?
Fed Up - Lemonheads
"I asked you what you wanted / You never give me your answer"
Bitchy, yet again. There are worse legacies to have, I guess.

10. What is my signature song?
Whatever - Ani DiFranco
No lyrics for this one. I'm beyond description.

11. What do I think my current theme song is?
Winter - Tori Amos
"When you gonna make up your mind / When you gonna love you as much as I do"

12. What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Out of Habit - Ani DiFranco
"the butter melts out of habit / the toast isn't even warm"
I may be stuck in a rut.

13. What song will play at my funeral?
Enough - Dancehall Crashers
"It's not that we don't get along, it's just that you are always wrong
at least you could pretend that I was right in the end"
And once again, I'm a bit bitchy.

14. What type of men/women do I like?
My Problem - Dancehall Crashers
"I think of you and I see red even though you were alright in bed
It's not that we don't get along, it's just that you are always wrong"
This is not a good sign...

15. What is my day going to be like?
Nobody's Fool - Avril Lavigne
"If you're trying to turn me into something else
I've seen enough and I'm over that"
If you could see how I wore my hair today, you see I'm SO over that.

And I just had to add one:
16. What should I be doing instead of this meme?
Busting up a Starbucks - Mike Doughty
Hee.

To sum up:
Anyone know a single guy named Johnny who'd be ok dating a bit of bitch?

No comments: