Saturday, June 24, 2006

Hey good lookin'

While at school I invested in a t-shirt that I hope will improve my social life.

Top Ten Library Pickup Lines

10. Can I get your call number, baby?
9. Hi, my name is MARC. We should INSPEC each other to see if we MeSH.
8. Would you like to check out my stacks?
7. My reference desk or yours?
6. Is it true that archivists do it with gloves on?
5. Do you have any overdue books, because you have fine written all over you?
4. Can I get a library card so I can check you out?
3. I'm the director of Adult Services. How may I help you?
2. If I could rearrange the classification system, I would put "U" and "I" together.
1. It's not the size of the collection; it's how you use it.

Thanks to SCALA for such a funny fundraiser.

Speaking of fundraisers, have you followed Nancy's advice and donated to Dewey yet? Pamie (aka Pam Ribon of my last post) of pamie.com started a book drive a few years ago for the California libraries that were losing their funding. Every year it's gotten bigger and this year the focus is on libraries affected by Hurricane Katrina. Thousands of books were destroyed and with people moving back to the area, they need to be replaced pronto. Please check it out and, if you can, make a donation.

No comments: