Sunday, July 23, 2006

More Stuff Happened

I re-did the pink hat (twice actually). It's much better, so much so I'm submitting it to For the Love of Yarn, so no pictures right now.

I won a drawing from Knitters Without Borders, via the Yarn Harlot. How cool is that? Pictures when I get the stuff (not sure what it will be yet, but it may be spinning stuff to jump-start a new habit). And the really cool part is that I get to see the Yarn Harlot this Wednesday at the Fiber Factory so I can thank her in person! Whee!

Can I possibly say 'stuff' any more in this post?

Current project include the off-white shawl (just a bit to difficult to work at during SnB meetings), the never-ending SWTC blanket (way too big to take to SnB meetings) and probably some more hats (just right for SnB meetings but a tad on the boring side after essentially making three of them).

I also have an overwhelming urge to inventory, catalog and possibly index my stash. Thanks a lot Nancy, with your good ideas and librarian skills.

School's out in about a week and a half and then I have almost 4 whole weeks to... not so much relax as do all the things I haven't done all semester. Like vacuum.

And there's book stuff too:
44. Murder at the Watergate - Margaret Truman. I am officially over my Truman phase.

45. A Study in Scarlet - Authur Conan Doyle. I have now officially entered my Sherlock Holmes phase.

46. The Sign of the Four - Authur Conan Doyle. See?

In the coming weeks, the rest of the collection will be read and then I'll continue with my obsession of finding a tall, thin, dark-haired, smart man who plays the violin. I am going to pass on the cocaine addiction.

Seriously, I like tall, thin men and I think I can trace it back to reading about Sherlock at a formative age. I'm a literary whore.

Didja see I snuck in another 'stuff' up there?

Obviously, I need to step away from the keyboard now. I'm begin to alarm myself, so I can only imagine what y'all are thinking.

Stuff.

3 comments:

illanna said...

Hey Pam Stuff,

Does Cute David play the violin? I'm glad to hear about your designing! Have fun!

LinknKnits said...

After you finish the original Sherlock stories, there are quite a few "modern" ones where he is a main character. One of my faves is the Mary Russell series by Laurie R. King. I think King does a great job preserving the spirit of Doyle's Holmes. My hubby hates them, though; he is probably more of a Holmes purist. So there you are.

Happy reading!

Sarah said...

Congrats on winning some gear from the Yarn Harlot!

Good luck with the indexing.