Sunday, January 21, 2007

Yet more books

I promise, I do actually do things other than reading. I just don't have a lot of tangible proof.

6. Hershey - Michael D'Antonio. The (unauthorized, unsponsered) history or Milton S. Hershey, the Hershey Chocolate company, the city of Hershey, PA and the orphanage Hershey founded. It was quite interesting but I'm not sure why it had the big "not authorized by..." sticker on it since it wasn't very muck-rakey. I'd recommend this one.

7. A Girl's Guide to Vampires - Katie MacAlister. Awful. I couldn't figure out if it was supposed to be light and fluffy or humorous or a romance novel or what. I didn't like any of the characters or why they acted like they did.

8. Ya-Yas in Bloom - Rebecca Wells. Cute, from the author of The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood and Little Alters Everywhere. This gave more history of the people who weren't covered in the first two books.

9. Even Vampires Get the Blues - Katie MacAlister. I almost didn't read this one since the other was so bad, but since I had them both home from the library I thought I'd try it. I loved it. I understood it. I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats. And the smutty parts were good too.

10. Why Moms are Weird - Pamela Ribon. Why Girls are Weird is one of my favorite books so I was excited to read this one. This wasn't as good, but I'd still recommend it whole-heartedly. Another book that made me cry...in a good way.

No comments: