Sunday, May 20, 2007

Howdy

I know I've been MIA for a bit. Things have happened. I graduated. I spent some time in Pennsylvania and bought a lot of yarn. I didn't get the NLM fellowship. I've been preparing myself to look for a job but haven't actually done anything yet. The temperature broke 100. Lucy got a haircut. I read a lot. Too much to comment on all of them.

31. Bee Season - Myla Goldberg.
32. Nineteen Minutes - Jodi Picoult. About a school shooting but read before the VA Tech disaster.
33. The Angel of Darkness - Caleb Carr. I was still stuck in my late 1800's rut.
34. I'm Not the New Me - Wendy McClure.
35. Night Over Water - Ken Follett. About a really big plane. A really, really big plane. And international intrigue.
36. My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult.
37. City of Light - Lauren Belfer. I made it to the early 1900's, finally. Takes place in Buffalo, NY and Niagara Falls in a major factor in the plot. Ironically, this is the book my mom left outside during a rain storm so it's about twice as thick as it once was.
38. Good in Bed - Jennifer Weiner.
39. Timequake - Kurt Vonnegut.
40. The Organ Grinders - Bill Fitzhugh.
41. Going Back to Bisbee - Richard Shelton. Part memoir, part history lesson. The memoir was better. This month's book club book as well at the OneBookAZ book.
42. Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut. "No damn cat, and no damn cradle."
43. Life Among the Savages - Shirley Jackson.
44. Raising Demons - Shirley Jackson.

Vonnegut and Jackson are two authors I admire greatly. And I know I often ape their styles.

I promise I'm going to try and post more. I have lots of little things to talk about and if I can't force my drivel on you all, who can I force it on.

1 comment:

Deneen said...

I'm glad you posted, I was thinking about you just the other day and wondering....