Monday, December 31, 2007

Squeezin' in a few more

Three books since last Wednesday. That's not too bad considering I worked and drove to my parents and we had a late Christmas dinner with the cousins yesterday. Of course, I don't think I've picked up a knitting project since Thursday.

91.I Am America (And So Can You!) - Stephen Colbert. A Christmas gift from Mel. Very funny and my sister has already absconded with it.

92. Girls in Pants (The Third Summer of the Sisterhood) - Ann Brashares.
93. Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood) - Ann Brashares. I still like these books, #3 made me cry, just like #1 and #2 did but they got a bit cloying towards the end. I like the way Brashares handled some tricky topics but after 4 books the happy surprises just got away from her.

(Now, technically I did re-read the whole Harry Potter series after I read Deathly Hallows the first time. I didn't count them in the total because 4 of them were very rapid re-reads. But that would put me nicely at 100 books for the year... Ethical to count or not? You decide.) (Also, I read lots of blogs, at least a few books worth in the past year. That might count too...)(In retrospect, I read too damn much.)

As far as yarn-related projects. I went through the blog and counted 14 projects. I know there were some little things in there as well; dishcloths, small bags and at least 2 small blankets. I would have thought it was more but reading back I realized I did a lot but I ripped out almost as much. Resolution for next year: less ripping, more FOs.

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Oh what the Heck. I say count them. You read them, even if it was quickly. You deserve to hit 100!