Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Wow

So, people really liked the lion bathwrap. I think that's the most comments I've gotten so far!

I'm sorry if I'm not responding to comments, but I have yet to figure out how to email a commenter directly. And then I get distracted by something shiny and wander off, so it never happens.

Essenza meeting tonight. Should be fun and I get to hang with Melanie for the first time is about 9 thousand years. So YAY.

I recently added a stat counter and I'm getting a bit obsessed. I've had visitors from Japan and Great Britain and Canada and Indonesia and Sweden and Germany. People have found me while looking for Real Hip Hat, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, the Beauty of Hip, SWTC Sweater, Sock Monkey Pattern, Mohawks and Fauxhawks on Women and, oddly enough, Pam. And image searches have been done for the naked sock monkey and Lucy's eyeballs (two of my best pictures, I'd say).

Book news:
24. Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs (a low culture manifesto - now with a new middle)- Chuck Klosterman. It's a bunch of essays about pop culture. I didn't agree with everything he wrote (Billy Joel was never an idol of mine) but he did have some interesting observations. One being - people nowadays are having trouble finding true love because they expect everything to be like it is in movies and on TV. Women are looking for John Cusak ala "Say Anything" and everyone expects that eventually they will fall in love with their best friend ala "When Harry Met Sally". And sadly enough - I'm still waiting for my Lloyd Dobler to show up.

Maybe Lloyd will be at Essenza...

No comments: