Monday, January 30, 2006

Playing Catch-Up

We'll start with an FO.

I started this project in August. I hit the border and froze for a little while. Made from a recycled scarf that was badly gifted to me last Christmas.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And a close up of the pretty, pretty flowers.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Yarn: 70% angora, 18% wool, 12% nylon.
Pattern: My own
Pictures: Steve Hartley

I sent the Harley-colored hat to my cousin finally. It was gratefully received but will probably not be used as a hunter-deterrent because he thinks hunters need to see more fluorescent orange.

I'm almost done a Cattywhumpus Hat for my aunt but I'm not thrilled with how it's turning out. Tweaking will commence shortly.

Then there's the bag I've been working on. I finished the main body

Image hosting by Photobucket

and felted it. I've also felted some flowers that will be sewn to the front.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I've actually made a second batch of flowers because I wasn't satisfied with all of these.

Currently I'm working on a cord strap that I just need to figure how to attach.

Finished two more books:
5. Dearly Devoted Dexter - Jeff Lindsay. Still a lot of dark humor but not as good as the first one.

6. Bel Canto - Ann Patchett. An attempted kidnapping that turns into a months-long hostage situation. This is much more of a love and relationship story then you'd think from that description. About halfway thru you realize there is no chance for a happy ending but it's worth reading anyway.

And Lucy just wanted to say Hi.

Image hosting by Photobucket

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Yea! Glad to hear you are still crafting!

The shawl is pretty, pretty!

Hi back to Lucy.

Vera said...

Your shawl is lovely, and the purse is progrssing well. I bet it will really look nice all felted with those flowers!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the shawl!

Creative Genius? said...

oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!! I LOVE that shawl!!!! I just love it!!! You are so talented!!!! It's amazing!

LinknKnits said...

The flower border on the shawl is amazing!

I read Bel Canto, too. I liked it, but kept hoping for a happy ending... oh well.

Mel said...

Hi Lucy! I like the flowers and can't wait to see them on the bag. It's going to look really spectacular.

Papermasks said...

You know, I have some ugly lace stuff made of lovely yarn hanging around. I never thought to recycle it.

Duh. Some fiber-type person I turn out to be! :-)

Great idea! Thanks for the inspiration! Love the shawl! It's beautiful!

Luscious Gracious said...

Does the OCD diagnosis include making and remaking tiny needle art flowers? I think we both qualify on too many counts. Bring out the chartreuse!
k

LadyLinoleum said...

Gorgeous stuff! I especially love the shawl. It's stunning.