Thursday, August 17, 2006

Just Books

(maybe a little more)

49. The Return of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
50. The Hound of the Baskervilles - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
51. The Valley of Fear - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Two more Holmes books to go and then I can move onto the Laurie King books with Mary Russell AND Sherlock Holmes.

And look, I made my 50 books for the year. Yay me!

52. Geek Love - Katherine Dunn. This was highly recommended and lent to me with great forcefulness - actions that made me nervous for the first few chapters, since I didn't think I was liking it. Luckily, the further in I got, the more it grew on me. It's definitely a weird book about a really f-ed up family and I'm not sure I'll ever reread it, but I'll put it in the Good pile.

(a little more)

Stella is safely ensconced in her second new home; my cube at work. I had my doubts about Lu and her ability to open the fridge (especially if Murphy came over) but I'm pretty sure she doesn't know how to navigate the city transit system.

Other then that, I've started an Hourglass Sweater (4 rows in 4 days, whoo! I'll be done in no time!), I still need to do the heels on the kneesocks, the off-white shawl has stalled and I know there are others I'm forgetting. Obviously, it's time to start something new.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently rereading the Holmes books can be dangerous. Actually I haven't gotten that far; I'm reading the Annotated Sherlock Holmes, and I'm still in all the introductory stuff (there's a lot of it). But yesterday to my surprise out popped a Holmes (well, Watson) / Harry Potter crossover fanfic. Not quite sure where that came from.

Also, I have most of the Mary Russell books up to The Game, if you need to borrow one.

Mel said...

Stella will definitely be safer at work. No telling what those 2 dogs could scheme up if left to their own devices for too long. Let's just hope that your flirty co-worker doesn't try to pick her up ;-)