Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Have you been flossing?

I just got off the phone with my childhood dentist. Just a quick social call.

It's not as weird as it sounds. Even though I haven't seen him in probably 15 years, my mom still sees him every six months and he always asks about me and Patty. Turns out he was coming to AZ on vacation and he asked for my number so we could chat. It's possible my mom financed the trip since she sees him, his wife (receptionist), daughter (hygienist), his son (dentist partner) and his other son (periodontist) regularly. They're kind of the First Dental Family of Delaware County, PA and we've been going to him since his first office in Chester. He once told me that if I didn't stop sucking my thumb it would fall off. He was wrong.

He and his wife are enjoying the warm weather and the golf and I caught him up on my school situation and that was about it, but it was nice (if a bit odd) to talk to him.

In other, slightly surreal news. The cattywhumpus hat I gave Patty recently met Jerry of Ben & Jerry's at an anti-cloning rally in DC. Jerry did not comment on the hat, but it did keep Pat warm. You can read more about the government's plan to allow cloned animals into the food supply here, here and here (the first link is a little noisy, lots of cows popping into spontaneous existence.)

No comments: